I help to build digital products and services that are intuitive and accessible, with user-centered design in mind.
I define myself as a person with excellent organizational skills, very responsible, and team-oriented.
I have more than 7 years of experience in web development (social apps, entertainment, and educational industry, AI, etc).
One noticeable achievement: UX/UI and front-end development from the ground up for my most recent project - GCSE History web app and related native mobile apps (see more). I was the only designer in the project, cooperating with 2 full-stack developers.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a Master’s Degree in Fine Art, but my professional experience is in the design field.
My career started as a Graphic Designer in a printing company (2004). I was responsible for the design of logos and packages for many big companies.
Later, in 2014, after 10 years working as a Graphic Designer, I decided to make a change in my career. I started to learn HTML, CSS, and Responsive Web Design.
I started as a Web Designer in a startup company. I was in close cooperation with 2 more designers and about 8-10 developers. We worked on a very interesting project - 9Sharp. This project was meant to be a platform, where people can show their experience, generate CV, build video CV, show their web presence (including Twitter, Behance, StackOverflow, and many more). After the web app was launched, we presented it at the Web Summit in Dublin and the next year in Lisbon, but unfortunately, the project was stopped due to a lack of investment.
I continued working on various projects in the same company, like family-related apps, a family-oriented web magazine (KinBox), an entertainment and social media phone app (FlashMob), etc. The last project, that I am currently working on is GCSE History. This is an educational platform based on the UK education system.
With more than 7 years of experience in the web development process, now I have a lot of knowledge in various fields, from wireframing, UX/UI to front-end parts. I use modern software and technologies.
As a UX/UI Designer generalist, I am self-taught, but I also gained a lot of knowledge from my colleagues. Thank you, colleagues!
- Tailwind CSS
- Responsive Design
- Email templates
- MailChimp, SendGrid
- Eleventy (11ty)
- XAML (basics)
- SWIFT (basics)
- Command line (basics)
- Git (basics)
- Greensock animations (basics)
- Docraptor for converting HTML/CSS to PDF
- Pen & Paper
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- VS Code
- UX (interaction design, wireframing, prototyping, competitive research, empathy for the user)
- User-centered Design
- User Interface Design
- Graphic Design
- Logo Design
Resources I love to learn from
Trivia about me
- I am a family-oriented guy;
- I love to travel, to visit museums, and to see city architecture;
- I love fine art and not only :) I used to do fine art, mainly painting. I participated in many exhibitions in Bulgaria and some European countries. I was also a Chairman of the Society of Shumen Artists for almost 4 years. For now, I stopped painting, but who knows, someday I can start again. And I still keep my love for fine art;
- I love to read novels and books about design (see my Goodreads profile);
- I love desserts :), like Crème caramel, or Tres leches cake, or my girlfriend's cake.
- I prefer iOS vs Android (but who cares :)));
- I am a morning person and I love to learn. I combine these two and every morning I wake up early, make my tea, and start to learn new things about design or programming. I read or watch videos from more experienced people. I spend at least 1 hour every day on that. Happy moments :)
- I love to watch TV shows;
- I used to be a huge football fan;
- I like to listen to podcasts;
- I love music a lot (rock, pop, classic, Bulgarian, Russian, etc.);
- I like to cook;
- I love self-irony;
- I have strong analytical skills.